Today, we have our first big news for you about FORTE 9: its new design.
FORTE 9’s user interface has been completely redesigned. It’s now much lighter and closer to the Windows and Office design that you’re used to.
Core features, like the Input Palette and the Properties window, remain.
Here’s the video:
New mode, new keyboard, new zoom
- Click on a function in the menu, and a distinct, dark gray shade indicates that the function is active. You’ll easily see the active function, whether you’re in “Select Mode” or “Insert Mode.”
- The icons now feature a mouse-over explanation of their function.
- Another novelty is the “Search Library” function. You can access and search your written scores quicker and more comfortably.
- In FORTE 9’s new “Simple Mode,” only the most important options for writing and editing notes are displayed. Your workflow will be light and focused. And when you switch back to “Expert Mode,” all options are once again available.
- You can see the new icons for each of the main tabs. In total, more than 120 icons have been re-designed and more than 40 improvements implemented into this newest version of FORTE.
- The Input Palette also includes a useful new feature: If you move the palette toward the lower area of your screen, you can dock the palette to the screen’s lower edge.
- Depending on your screen’s resolution, access to the full grand piano keyboard of 88 keys is now possible. But that’s not all!
- You can also display the names of the notes on the keys of the virtual keyboard! Various styles for the note names are available and you can combine the different styles.
- In the main tab “View,” you’ll find the new function: “Selection.” Draw a box around a couple of notes you’d like to zoom in on and click “Selection.” The selected area will automatically be magnified so you can more easily edit notes or elements. And by clicking “Whole page,” you can return to your original view.
Next week, we’ll show you even more functions from the new FORTE 9.
How do you like the new design? We look forward to your comments below!
All the best,
Your FORTE Team