What is new in version 5.1.4?
• CPU Support: Older processors are now supported. The minimum requirement is now a processor that supports at least the SSE instruction set.
• Drawing problems:
› Some text expressions like “cresc.” and “D.C.” were not positioned correctly and could not be selected.
› Opening documents with different page sizes could cause staves to be displayed outside the page.
› A text element could collide with its frame, if visible.
• Dynamics: For dynamic ranges like “fp” and “cresc.”, it was not possible to set the ‘from’ value using the popup menu in the Properties Palette.
• Some crashes related to the CPU support and the function “Copy Measures” have been fixed.
• XML Import: Files containing “multi-staff parts” are now supported.
• Dynamics: The volume value of several dynamic markings has been enhanced.
• Text Input: When entering text symbols on the score the mouse pointer disappeared.
• Launch Window > Recent Files: Too long file names could not be displayed.
• XML Import:
› Pickup measures were not always imported correctly.
› Files containing text in tag <midi-device> could not be imported.
› Possible crashes have been fixed when importing meters, transposing instruments and ties.
• Video Export: Some translations were missing.
• PDF Printer: The music font was not available for PDF printers.
• Usability: Selected and non-selected music symbols (e.g. in the Input Palette) can now be better distinguished from each other.
• Robustness: A crash reporter is now available in all editions, which accelerates the process of fixing critical issues.
• Playback: A playback without any preinstalled MIDI Out Devices (e.g. MS Wavetable Synth) is now supported. (PS: A prerequisite for a playback without a preinstalled MIDI Out Device is a FORTE Edition with VST support, i.e. FORTE Basic, Home or Premium.)
• Music Font: A rare problem with the installation of the font used to display all music symbols has been fixed.
• XML Import: Key of bass clef in piano systems was not always imported.
• XML Import: Grace notes were imported with double slurs.
• XML Export: Default filename and filter were not formated correctly.
• Crash: Fixed prossible crash when editing duration of tied notes.