Edit Lyrics with the Properties Window
Edit Lyrics with the Properties Palette
The Properties Palette is a useful tool for changing the properties of any symbol, including lyrics.
Be sure the application is in Select Mode, then select the lyrics you want to edit.
Note: If you are finding that you need to move all of the lyrics lower to clear some notes, consider adjusting the Symbol Spacing Lyrics Below setting for the system instead of adjusting their position.
To Edit Lyrics with the Properties Palette
- Select the lyrics you want to edit, then display the Properties Palette.
- To edit the lyrics as a text block, select the Text tab in the Properties Palette.
- To change how the lyrics appear in the notation, select the Appearance tab in the Properties Palette and adjust the appearance properties.
- To change general properties of the lyrics, such as their position, visibility and color, select the General tab in the Properties Palette and adjust the general properties.
- Click the Apply button when you are done making changes.